Content Marketing Manager~2 years ago
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager who is passionate about attracting and engaging users. You will guide and develop content that will drive traffic, engagement, and leads. You'll develop, plan and coordinate content implementation across our social channels, website, and newsletters. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. The successful candidate will fill a key role in our early Marketing team. We hire remote.
About Liquid Liquid, Inc. (www.poweredbyliquid.com) is a Los Angeles-based, VC-funded startup. At Liquid, we are building software to make it easier for modern businesses (and people) to work with one another. Our complete vendor management system allows for fast, controlled, and compliant onboarding, contracting, invoicing, and payment processing of a global network of vendors.
Role: As a Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for 1) developing the content marketing strategy and publishing content to engage targeted audiences and build brand loyalty with our customers; 2) driving qualified traffic and leads through content across our channels; and 3) partnering with Sales, Product, and Customer Success teams to create an engaging experience. Job Responsibilities:
- Own the entire content marketing plan including but not limited to the development of overarching strategy, management of content calendar and deployment across multiple channels (mainly social and email).
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic, and leads through our content marketing plan
- Research content ideas and develop content strategies to effectively reach the desired target audiences
- Develop and manage a content editorial calendar
- Write and edit blog content, including coordinating content from freelance writers, editors and assets from designers
- Conduct periodic content audits, refreshing and updating content as needed.
- Develop and manage a social media calendar
- Create social content and manage posting for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions
- Ensure that SEO and SMO strategies are implemented
- Plan, write, build, and test the monthly newsletter
- Work with the CXO and Product Manager to develop content about features
- Track, analyze, and report on content marketing, social media, and newsletter performance
- Stay up-to-date with email marketing, content marketing and social media trends
Required skills / experience:
- Minimum of 3+ years of previous content and social media marketing experience at a B2B SaaS or financial services company
- Sound knowledge of content management systems, keyword research tools, social media platforms, email platforms, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Strong written, verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Communicate clearly via short, succinct, and direct messages - we use Slack for synchronous and asynchronous communication
- Possess strong analytical skills and are numbers-driven
- You enjoy documenting and improving processes and best practices
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and not afraid to think outside of the box to come up with creative solutions - you're a fast learner, a doer, and a systems thinker
- Motivated by challenge and adaptable to change
- Are a team player, willing to pitch in wherever help is needed
- Are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to get the job done - you take responsibility for your actions, take ownership of your work product, and handle changes to scope and requirements with grace.
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Previous experience with social platforms such as Hootsuite, Buffer, and Later
- Previous experience with email platforms such as Mailchimp
- WordPress experience
- Canva experience
- SEO experience (bonus)
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing SaaS, Fintech startup
- Work in a collaborative, supportive, "get sh*t done" work environment; no kombucha on tap or ping pong table here
- Competitive compensation, including base, equity, and benefits