Freelance/Part-time Science Writer~2 years ago
ABOUT CLUE Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies-and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it. Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC backed startup based in Berlin helping over 13 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS Apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com. At Clue we embrace a culture that values everyones' uniqueness and lets them flourish as an individual. We are constantly working on creating an environment which provides equal opportunities, regardless of your ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, and any other diverse backgrounds. As a part of our team, your unique set of talents will always be appreciated and we're committed to provide them with a nurturing and safe environment. THE POSITION The Content Team at Clue works closely with most parts of the company, whether that be Product, Brand, Marketing or Science. We write, edit and review content that spans across various themes and topics, while remaining focused on the core message of the Content Team: informing and empowering the reader to make their own menstrual and reproductive health choices. While most of our scientific content lives in our 'Encyclopedia' at helloclue.com, we also write a monthly newsletter, are active on many social media channels, create content for app features, and have an in-app content tab. The part-time Science Writer will be working alongside the Editor and our Science Team to create engaging, accessible educational content for helloclue.com and the Clue app, that is based on the scientific literature and relevant clinical guidelines. This Science Writer would also have the opportunity to collaborate on projects with other Clue teams including supporting social media and scientific projects. We are looking for someone with a passion for menstrual and reproductive health. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing and updating articles on reproduction/contraception/periods
- Fact-checking scientific content
- Collaborating with other science writers, fact-checkers, and experts to produce high-quality content ABOUT YOU
- Advanced degree(s) in clinical medicine; obstetrics and gynecology; and/or women's health, contraceptive, sexual, and/or menstrual research
- Experience writing on scientific topics for a lay audience in English
- Ability to ensure your work aligns with the brand guidelines and tone of voice and speaks to our target audience This is a part-time position. Please submit 2 relevant, non-academic writing samples that are relevant to health writing (blog posts are okay!) with your application. We particularly encourage women of color, transgender, and non-binary editors to apply. BENEFITS We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga, and free on-site coaching
- Learn and grow with a personal education budget
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We'll help with relocation if you're not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.
- Flex Fridays: One day off per week where Cluebies can put their health & wellbeing first, stay energized and maintain a sustainable high level of productivity. For the time being, while there is a risk of Covid-19 infections, Clue operates as a remote-first company.