Code Reviewer~2 years ago
Lambda School Freelance Part-time
Code Reviewer (Contract, Part-Time)
Learning - Instruction /
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We're a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda School is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda School has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We're looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let's talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don't just accept differences - we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lambda School is looking for Code Reviewers to grade and provide actionable feedback for our weekly coding test completed by the students. This is a part-time contractor role for up to 20 hours a week Friday through Tuesday. This is a junior role with a compensation of $15 an hour.
What you'll do:
- Complete weekly written code reviews of the summative weekly code test according to our rubrics and guidelines, within 48 hours of the challenge submissions (beginning Fridays at 12 pm Pacific).
- Competency in the following language for Data Science: strong Python programming skills, and experience with the Python Data Science ecosystem (pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Conduct one Code Reviewer peer review per week according to quality assurance guidelines and rubrics
- The primary goal of a Code Reviewer is to support the learning and professional growth of Lambda School learners with clear, detailed, and actionable feeback
- If you are a Lambda School graduate still in the Job Search phase, please note you are expected to meet those requirements while in this role
What you'll have:
- Code Reviewers must model and demonstrate a willingness to learn and create a respectful work environment, good judgment, flexibility, responsibility, teamwork, and a strong commitment to learner success
- Experience providing code reviews and written feedback preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.